Are you inspired to write poetry but just don't know where to start? Poetry writing can be a wonderful way of slowing down and taking time out for yourself as part of a self care routine.
You can start by writing a short form poem, try a Haiku.
The Haiku is a form of short poetry from Japan. The Haiku was originally the opening lines of a longer poem known as a tanka. In the 17th century, the haiku became a separate form of poetry.
What is Haiku?
- 3 lines consisting of 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, 5 in the third. 17 syllables in total.
- Traditionally, there should be a seasonal reference.
- Write a description of your day.
- Write about the current season.
- Write about what you can hear, see, or smell.